Join us in Halifax for Connection to Place - the ICOMOS Canada Annual Meeting, May 24-27, 2017.
Cultural landscapes are a predominant theme throughout the public and technical discussions in Halifax with presentations, workshops, walking tours and a knowledge café. In particular, we invite you to partake in two-half day workshops to help us finalize the findings of the National Conversation on Cultural Landscape and to explore Canadian contributions to the growing understanding of cultural and natural linkages.
Location: Dalhousie University’s Faculty of Architecture and Planning ∙ 5410 Spring Garden Road
May 25 (8 am – noon) National Conversation on Cultural Landscapes (NCCL)
- Keynote Presentation: The Places We Need for the Future We Want - Victoria Dickenson
- Presentation on the general findings of the NCCL initiative
- Facilitated workshop to brainstorm and develop draft findings of NCCL
A draft discussion paper will be produced from the past work and workshop proceedings and presented on behalf of ICOMOS Canada at the ICOMOS 19th Scientific Symposium in Delhi, India (December 2017).
May 26 (1 – 4 pm) Culture/Nature Journey - Knowledge Café
- Presentation on the history and development of the Journey
- Open forum exchange of experiences and insights on the integration of culture and nature
A follow-up knowledge café is being co-sponsored by ICOMOS Canada in Delhi.
For the full agenda and to register for Connection to Place please visit: http://canada.icomos.org/connection-place- join-us- halifax-icomos- canadas-annual- meeting-may- 24-27-2017/
We hope you can join us.